Like many of you I have been on a journey towards understanding life, myself and myself with in this life. In all honesty in taking this course, reading this book, listening to this enlightened individual, I had hoped to find a key. Well there are lots of keys out there. The most important ones are much closer than you realize. They rumble around in your psyche and keep you distracted from your truth.
In a recent read (oh yes I still do books!!), I came across some very poignant questions that I actually have taken the time to sit with and answer on paper. I dug deep. They highlighted a whole lot of ways I hold myself back. And it's all about my reaction to circumstances and doing a mess of blaming. Yikes!
My particular answers are not important, and probably a tad embarrassing. But the questions** are worth putting out should you wish to consider what is holding you back.
1. Who and what are you blaming for your unhappiness? (in the moment, in your job, in your family, life)
2. What are your habits? (good, bad, indifferent)
3. What are your fears? (the ones that haunt you in the night, drive you during the day.)
4. What are your burdens? (obligations, circumstances, responsibilities that weigh you down)
5. What are your expectations of yourself and others? (people and things not lining up the way you think they should is an insidious slow poison.)
Take your time, hang onto these sheets (yes! I had that many sheets!!). Notice where you see additional circumstances show up. It's illuminating my friends!
** From Handbook for Humanity by Dianna Frederick Balboa Press 2014