It's been cold. Really really cold! The Polar Vortex has made its presence know all over North America though it has decidedly settled over Alberta. Yesterday morning was minus 34 though colder here in the burbs. Damn! That's just cold.
Now it's pretty easy to get caught up and moan and groan about our winter fates. It is a challenge on many fronts. Yet there are some fabulous things that cold, cold weather invites you to take advantage of. Here are some of my favourites!
1. A glass of wine, good music by the fire.
2. Time to read some of the great books I got at Christmas!
3. An excuse to say 'No, can when it warms up!'
4. Cooking hearty meals with enough for hearty left-overs.
5. Cozy sheets and blankets.
6. Sleeping better under those cozy sheets and blankets.
7. Catching up on my PVR'd shows.
8. Sitting around the kitchen table chatting for longer because you aren't rushing off somewhere.
9. Your neighbour driving! :))
10. Taking a little longer over the paper (yes we still do an actual paper) and coffee.
11. Planning your garden, ... maybe ordering seeds.
12. Knowing how wonderful and energetic you'll feel after this enforced downtime.
Yes there is much to appreciate during this time. We know it won't last forever. So dive in and make the best of it. What choice do you have!?